Ready for Battle


It’s times like these I just want to scream.
Just one more minute and it’s gonna rip my seam.
I can’t stand this frustration,
Done at the hands of my own creation.
You see, it’s my fault in the first place,
I can’t take the fact that I’m the one who started this race.
And I know that I’m being taken advantage of,
But there's no chance I can stop this labor of love.
Now, I know I have to take a stand,
Steal some time and get back on my land.
I just need to figure out how to get my start,
For justice to be done I know I have to do my part.
Time to get down, break down, take my place and fight.
Time to get up, rise up, and gain a little height.
And I know that I’m still at the beginning of my life,
And I know that I'm gonna overcome this strife.
My courage will rise as I look to God,
And I know as I rise up everyone will be awed.
So I stand up, ready to fight, taking my ground,
And I take heed to His presence knowing I will be safe and sound.
As look around, laughing at the enemy’s prattle,
Sword in hand, standing on the edge of this battle,
I know that I am covered by His blood,
And I know that I am surrounded by the cloak of His love.
So with all of that said I turn to you and ask,
Are you ready to go kick some ass?

1 comments:

  1. Teresa Sauls7/16/2013

    Go job! Really like this one! Glad to see there are still some fighters out there, to many people give up. They want everthing handed to them sometimes you gotta fight for what you want. The enemy certainly will never just surrender. He GOES DOWN but with a fight. FIGHT ON!

    ReplyDelete

 
Finding Life © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects