Hoping for an Escape














Fabric softener and old leather shoes,
Mixed up hangers and discarded books,
Forever lost socks and half empty bottles of liquor,
I find myself hidden amongst these things.
Somewhere between button-down fancy blue and colorful wool
I try to disappear.
Maybe the nightmares won’t follow me in here,
Maybe this time they will stay away.
But from the place where roses go to die,
Where the sun burns too bright and kills everything in sight,
Gut wrenching sobs escape my being.
Streams of spit, snot and tears soak my safe place.
But is it really safe inside here?
Because in the place where swords clang and guns bang,
No one is truly safe.
Because here in this place,
Where the wounded keep the red lake full,
And many will leave their souls behind
I have somehow gotten lost.
So while the moon burns bright,
I try and find my way,
Through the land of lost dreams and broken hearts,
I search for my escape.
And this is where you find me,
Stained and searching and hoping,
Hoping for an escape.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Finding Life © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects