Being Thankful


It’s a beautiful Sunday afternoon and I thought I would write a bit of a fun post. So many times I get up here and I share the hard stuff…the things that are difficult to share and things that I write to reach out to you guys and let some of you know you’re not alone. Well today I thought I would give you guys a little list of some simple things I’m thankful for:

  • The smell of books. I confess…I’m a book sniffer…I love to crack open a new or used book and take a whiff. It’s a peaceful and soothing smell to me. I would love to bottle the smell and spray it on things just so I can smell it all the time.

  • Cedar chips. My dogs lay on a bed of cedar chips in their dog houses and it keeps them warm and helps with fleas and ticks, but I love the way they smell when they’re fresh out of the dog house. I will actually burry my face in their fur and smell them…yes I am actually sniffing a dog…don’t judge me.

  • The feel of the wind in my hair when I’m driving down the highway. There is nothing quite like rolling the windows down and letting the fresh, cool air flow over you.

  • Smiles. I love to see people smile. Often times I smile at people just to see them return the smile. It’s funny how people will look at you weird and then return your smile…even if they don’t know you. Try it sometime…it’s fun.

  • Ticking clocks or watches. This is a strange one but I like the sound of a ticking clock. It centers me. When I hear a clock ticking it’s like everything else disappears and I just hear that steady tic-toc. It’s peaceful.

  • Cinnamon Icebreakers. If you haven’t figured this out yet, I’m very sensitive to smells and sometimes certain smells overwhelm me and make me feel sick. I have discovered that if I pop in a cinnamon icebreaker I won’t smell or taste anything but the cinnamon, and it’s actually become a soothing taste.

  • And lastly I’m thankful for laughter. Sometimes I just start laughing for no reason…even if it’s a fake laugh, I laugh. In fact a fake laugh will often turn into a real laugh once you get going, and laughter truly is like a medicine.

So be thankful for the little things today. The things you can’t buy…the things that you usually take for granted. For today, just be thankful. What are you thankful for?

Love, Randi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Finding Life © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects