Slander


To God’s beloved children,

Please stop tearing one another down. It is not our place to put judgment on people. I am so tired of getting on social media to find my fellow followers in Christ slandering one another. Now I know we have differences in theological opinions and we can all get caught up in the “who is right/wrong” question, but does it really matter? I mean Christianity at its core is a relationship with Christ. So that leads me to ask the question: how important are the details? I mean really…if you have a relationship with Christ, then He will take care of the rest.

Now I understand the fear of the wolf in sheep’s clothing, but I think that the way we are approaching this matter is wrong. To me, when someone says they are a Christian I smile and say me too and start talking about God. I talk passionately about my relationship with Him and as I speak I watch, I look at their eyes, their body language, their facial expression because in that is where I will find the truth. You can’t hide in the sheep’s clothing but so well, it is human nature that allows leaks of the truth and until I discern you sincerity I will be cautious. Now, even though I exercise caution with new people, I do not treat them in any way that would suggest to them that I have not taken them at their word. I know that it is not my place to judge them. I know that even if they do have a relationship with Christ, that they are still a work in progress. I am still a work in progress and I sure as heck hope that people will give me a chance to show them I mean well. And not all people that say they are Christians and do not live a life that speaks this, are wolves…they may be completely unaware of their failures and that is when you have an opportunity. You live your life in such a way that it call out their failings and then maybe they will seek you out when they begin to feel the conviction of the Holy Spirit.

Christian celebrities are some of the most slandered individuals alive. It seems that non-believers and Christians a like love to rip these people apart. Now I expect this of non-believers but my fellow followers of Christ are seriously disappointing me in this area. IT IS NOT OUT PLACE TO PUT JUDGEMENT ON PEOPLE! When you feel that someone is wrong, most likely it is not your place to rebuke them, especially if you have never met them. When you have never met someone you only know what other people are saying and to base your opinion of someone off of another person’s information is ridiculous. How would you feel is someone did this to you? I think we really need to take a step back and think before we speak.

“Lord, who may dwell in your sacred tent?
    Who may live on your holy mountain?
The one whose walk is blameless,
    who does what is righteous,
    who speaks the truth from their heart;
whose tongue utters no slander,
    who does no wrong to a neighbor,
    and casts no slur on others;
who despises a vile person
    but honors those who fear the Lord;
who keeps an oath even when it hurts,
    and does not change their mind;
who lends money to the poor without interest;
    who does not accept a bribe against the innocent.
Whoever does these things
    will never be shaken.”
Psalm 15

My heart aches for those that slander others. When we walk the blameless walk and keep our tongues in check we will not be shaken. I don’t know about you guys but I want to live an unshaken life. So with that said, it’s time to pull up your big boy/girl undies and walk that life you keep talking about.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Finding Life © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects