A Man's Battle


Hi, I don’t believe we know one another,
I play many roles, father, son, husband and brother.
I lost my job three weeks ago, and I’m afraid to tell my wife,
I can’t sleep at night, afraid of the future and its strife.
I’ve been scrambling, searching for a replacement fast,
Because the bank accounts are depleting and I know this facade won’t last.

Hello, you can call me lieutenant,
I worked hard to serve this country and fulfill all of my commitments.
But what you don’t know is how difficult all my days are,
I can’t be around too many people or loud noises, it’s just too hard.
Flashbacks, nightmares, cold sweats and anxiety,
They call it posttraumatic stress in world of psychiatry.

Hi, please don’t look too close or you’ll see my tears.
I was supposed to protect them, not end all their years.
I was angry and driving too fast,
Now my daughter is in a comma and my wife’s life is in the past.
I don’t know how I will ever live with what I’ve done,
But for now I have to step up and take care of my son.

Hello, it’s nice to meet you, but don’t look past my smile.
I’ve made some bad decisions and I’m having trouble dealing with my life’s trials.
To the outside world, I’m a man’s man.
I get everything I want including all the ladies hands.
But each day that I fill my life with meaningless interactions,
Is another day spent with my soul’s dissatisfaction.

We all have something to hide, something to fill us with shame,
And because of this world's stereotypes we must continue life’s game.
Never fail, make mistakes or be unable to compete,
We have to always be strong and never show that sometimes we are weak.
But through Christ we can all find our true strength and healing,
And push forward to finding our life’s meaning.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Finding Life © 2012 | Designed by Rumah Dijual, in collaboration with Buy Dofollow Links! =) , Lastminutes and Ambien Side Effects